Hi guys! Wanted to share with you one of my favorite quick and easy and oh-so-delicious options for an appetizer or dessert. My mom has been making this since I was a kid, so it’s one of those things that make me instantly happy when I eat it (or maybe it’s the sugar, idk)
- 2 packages of Pillsbury sugar cookie dough
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese
- 1/4c powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- assortment of fruit of your choosing, but I’d say mandarin oranges are mandatory (whoa! Get it, manda…nvm)
**I don’t handmake my crust, I go cheap and lazy and buy 2 rolls/packages of Pillsbury sugar cookie dough!
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2) Roll out cookie dough onto a pizza pan, bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool.
3) In a large bowl, beat softened cream cheese with 1/4c powdered sugar and 1 tsp vanilla until light. Spread evenly on the crust.
** Make sure crust is completely cooled before this step or the topping will get all melty. No one likes melty topping.
4) Arrange sliced fruit on top of filling.
** As you can see, I used mandarin oranges, strawberries, grapes, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. Kiwi is also great and adds color! Pineapple and banana would probably be good. I’ve even sprinkled a few chocolate chips on top!